Soul Strikers Academy

Hello welcome to SSA please don't forget to sign up or log in.

Welcome to SSA where learning is encouraged.

Welcome to SSA, please enjoy your stay!
If you're new, please make an introduction.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» introduction
Tue May 19, 2015 5:09 pm by Dracokid

» Zoe's custom ride chants.
Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:26 am by ZDH

» Nostalgia once again
Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 pm by StarExploder

» who here play Cray online
Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 am by Navik

» Navik is Back in Town
Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:49 pm by Navik

» Cardfight Generations
Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:51 am by Ventus

» Shadow Destroyer Deck
Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:30 pm by BlasterDark64

» Shadow Destroyer Room
Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:15 pm by BlasterDark64

» Shadow Destroyer
Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:06 pm by BlasterDark64

Affiliates

free forum

September 2018

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Spike Brothers! Go! Fight! Win!

Vahanari

BP : 200

Spike Brothers! Go! Fight! Win!

Post by Vahanari on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Spike Brothers are a powerful, but underplayed deck. They focus on sheer power and superior calling, the returning to the deck, so as to wear down your opponent then move in for the kill! Spike Brothers are cosmetically themed like American Football players, which fits with their brutal play style. Now, let's take a look at these men and women who are both brutal, and underappreciated.

Grade 0:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Starting Vanguards:

Mecha Trainer -
    Grade: 0
    Power: 5000
    Shield: 10000
    Rarity: Rare
    Flavor: Ready for play!
    Skills:[AUTO]:When another «Spike Brothers» rides this unit, you may call this card to a (RC).
    [ACT](RC):[Counter Blast (1) & Retire this unit] Search your deck for up to one grade 1 or less «Spike Brothers», reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your deck.

In all honesty, this makes my Top 3 for starting vanguards! At the simple cost of a counterblast, you get to search any Grade 1 or lower, and add it to your hand. You can grab your 8k booster, or perfect shield, just to name some options. I personally play him as a starter, but some run up to 3.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Smart Leader, Dark Bringer -
    Rarity: Common
    Flavor: From the moment the game starts, everything goes according to his plan.
    Skills: AUTO: When a 《Spike Brothers》 rides on this unit, you may call this card to a rear-guard circle.
    AUTO 【R】: [Put this unit into your soul] When this unit's attack hits, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose up to 1 《Spike Brothers》 from your hand and call it to a rear-guard circle.

Now, this may seem strong at first glance, however, Mecha gives many more options and thins your deck. Also, Leader only works when HIS attack HITS, and 5k isn't very impressive. Only use a starter if you run him
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Non-Triggers:

Redshoe, Milly -
    Rarity: Common
    Flavor: A soaring wide receiver.
    Skills:[AUTO]: When this unit is put into the drop zone from (GC), put this card into your soul.

Not too much to say here, other than it's an additional card in the soul. If you really want her, I only would say one is enough.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Trigger Units:

Critical:

Sonic Breaker - You're basic 5k Crit trigger. Depending on your aggressiveness, run 2-4

Silence Joker - Similar to Red Lightning from Novas, 4k, put to soul from RC and unflip. Run 4

Stand:

Kungfu Kicker - Basic 5k Stander, I don't run them, but if you like stands, play 1-4

Draw:

Cheerful Lynx - Basic 5k Draw, but since one of the only cons to Spike is their lack of outside draw power, run 4

Heal:

Cheer Girl, Tiara - Basic 5k Healer, and not to mention nice too look at :3 No questions, Run 4.

Well, this wraps up the Zeros of our lovely team! I will post our Ones tomorrow!
    D.D Trafalgar Law

Re: Spike Brothers! Go! Fight! Win!

Post by D.D Trafalgar Law on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:04 am

omfg i love ur signature bro !!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! >.

Vahanari

Grade Ones

Post by Vahanari on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 am

Greetings again everyone! I am here with the second installment of my "How TO" for Spike Brothers! Shall we get right into it with our Grade Ones?~

Cheer Girl Marilyn (Succubus) - [CONT]: Sentinel (You may only have up to four cards with "Sentinel" in a deck.)
    [AUTO]:[Choose a «Spike Brothers» from your hand, and discard it] When this unit is placed on Guardian Circle, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your «Spike Brothers», and that unit cannot be hit until end of that battle

Our perfect shield, and as such, a card that can win us games. Spike can get away with fewer perfect shields, but I love them. Run 3-4, seeing as Spike needs it's defense

Commander, Garry Gannon (Ogre) - AUTO【R】: [Choose a card from your hand, and discard it] When an attack hits during the battle that this unit boosted, you may pay the cost. If you do, draw a card.

In all honesty, I really like this in Spike seeing as he can help us ditch a card we don't need and gives us a new card in our hand~ Run 1-2

Cyclone Blitz (Ogre) - Auto 【V/R】: [Soul Blast (1)] When this Unit attacks, and you have a 《Spike Brothers》 Vanguard, you may pay the cost. If paid, during that battle, this Unit gains +3000 Power.

Now don't get me wrong, a grade One swinging in at 9k on it's own with it's effect is nice, but it only activates when IT attacks. There are more useful grade ones by far! Run 1 if you rally want to.

Dudley Dan (Ogre) - Auto【R】: [Counterblast (2), choose 1 《Spike Brothers》 from your Hand and send to Soul] When this Unit boosts a Vanguard, you may pay the cost. If paid, search for 1 《Spike Brothers》 from your Deck, call it to a Rear Guard Circle that's without a Unit and shuffle the Deck.

This all depends on the build we are playing...General Seifried Build? Yes please! Run 2-3. Dudley Emperor Build? Not necessary.

Dudley Daisy (Succubus) - AUTO: [Counterblast (1)] If this unit is placed on a rear-guard circle during battle phase and you have a 《Spike Brothers》 vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, this unit gets Power +5000 during this turn.

Nice little effect, seeing as it is a 7k base and it's effect works while it boosts too, so a 12k booster does not sound bad. It has the potential to make both Seifriend AND Dudley 25k swingers. Run 1-2.

Gyro Slinger (Ogre) - ACT 【V/R】: [Counter Blast (1)] This unit gets Power +1000 until end of turn.

Our generic CB1 to +1000, 7k base, not too bad, but we have better G1's. Run 1 if necessary.

Medical Manager (Goblin) - [AUTO]:When this unit is placed on (VC) or (RC), if you have a «Spike Brothers» vanguard, you may Soul Charge (1).

Verrry nice for a Unite Attacker deck or any deck that uses our soul. Depending on the build, 2-4

Reckless Express (Workeroid) - AUTO 【R】: [Soul Blast (1)] When this unit attacks, you may pay the cost. If you do, this unit gets Power +5000 until end of that battle, and at the beginning of the close step of that battle, return this unit to your deck, and shuffle your deck.

Where to start with Reckless Express...at grade one...this provides an incredible amount of pressure. 7k base with the ability to hit 12k with a single soulblast! Run 3-4!

Spike Brothers Assault Squad (Goblin) - Auto 【R】: During the battle, that this Unit has Boosted a 《Spike Brothers》, if the Attack hits, Stand this Card.

Nice effect, but with only 4k as it's Power, it's not overwhelming. Play ONE, but ONLY if you run 4 Stand Triggers!

Wonder Boy (Goblin) - Vanilla 8k

He's our 8k, Run 4, seeing as this is an aggressive deck.

Thanks for reading and I hope you will come back when I publish our Grade Twos!~ GOOOOOOO SPIKE!
    Vahanari

Post by Vahanari on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 am

Hey everyone! Sorry for my break, finals for high school >w<
    Well, now that I'm back, and as payment for me being both gone and lazy :3
    Shall we start with the Grade 2's? Well, too bad, I'm making this, so we are >:3

Devil Summoner (Demon) - [AUTO]: When this unit is placed on (VC) or (RC), reveal the top card of your deck. If the revealed card is a grade 1 or 2 , call it to (RC), and if it is not, shuffle your deck.

In all honesty, it's not too bad, but not good enough in this deck. Run 1-2 if you so choose.

Dudley Douglas (Ogre) - 7000 PWR. AUTO: [Counterblast(1)] If this unit is placed onto a rear-guard circle during battle phase and you have a 《Spike Brothers》 vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, this unit gets Power +5000 during this turn

Grade 2 Daisy. 9000 PWR. Amazing pick if you run Dan, if not, not amazing. Run1 at most if there is no Dan, 2-3 if you do run Dan.

Field Driller (Ogre) - 7000 PWR. AUTO (V/R): When this unit's attack hits a vanguard, if the number of other rear-guards you have is four or more, draw a card.

I see both sides on this card. The draw is nice, especially with how "swarmy" Spike is. However, coming in at only 7k, he'll swing for, at most without triggers, 15k, which is light. Run 1-2, if any

Fierce Leader, Zachary (Ogre) - 9000 PWR. AUTO 【R】: [Soulblast (1)] When this unit's attack hits a vanguard and you have a 《Spike Brothers》 vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, draw a card, and at the start of this battle's close step, return this unit to your deck and shuffle it.

Now this is a VERY interesting alternative to Brakki. He provides a draw instead of a 5k power boost. In Spike, you love when you can draw, so I like Zach. Run 1-2

Highspeed, Brakki (Warbeast) - 9000 PWR. [AUTO](RC): [Soul-Blast 1] When this unit attacks, you may pay the cost. If you do, this unit gets [Power] +5000 until end of that battle, and at the beginning of the close step of that battle, return this unit to your deck, and shuffle your deck.

Our favorite little kitty with a vicious skill. +5000 by just a soulblast? In fact, he's a mini Juggernaut! (See more in Grade 3's). Run 3-4

Panzer Gale (Ogre) - 8000 PWR. Auto: When this Unit intercepts, and you have a 《Spike Brothers》 Vanguard during that Battle, this Unit's Shield gains +5000.

Superior Interceptor. Gotta love him with a deck that doesn't run a high amount of defense, despite high base PWR. Run 2-3.

Spike Bouncer (Ogre) - 8000 PWR. [AUTO](VC/RC):When another of your «Spike Brothers»'s attack hits a vanguard, this unit gets [Power]+3000 until end of turn

Now Bouncer is an interesting idea, but he requires a hit to activate, and Spikes are overwhelming on their own. 1-2 if you want him.

Treasured, Black Panther (Warbeast) - 10000 PWR. Vanilla 10k, got to love them in Spike, Run 3-4.

Well, there are our Grade Two's! Thanks for reading and we will be back soon with our big guns! Very Happy

- Vahanari
    Basil Ouroboros

Post by Basil Ouroboros on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Take a look into the new Spike Bros that came out over the last 2 days

Vahanari

Post by Vahanari on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:21 pm

Hey Everyone! This update will be containing two parts, the Grade Threes of our football squad, and the recent free agents we picked up in the offseason (Sorry, football talk XD) Anyway, here are the Grade Threes we had before the update!

Demonic Lord, Dudley Emperor (Workeroid) - 10000 PWR
    [AUTO](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):[Counter Blast (2) & Choose two «Spike Brothers» from your hand, and put them into your soul] When this unit attacks a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, search your deck for up to two «Spike Brothers», call them to separate open (RC), and shuffle your deck.
    [AUTO](VC):When this unit is boosted by a «Spike Brothers», this unit gets [Power]+3000 until end of that battle.

Ah Dudley...our Captain, in other words, our Avatar/Main Vanguard. Amazing skill that allows us for an easy 5 attacks a turn with at least 16k each time, let alone his ability assures him a 21k with Wonder Boy behind him! Run 4.

General Seifried (Demon) - 10000
    [AUTO](VC): When this unit's drive check reveals a grade 3 «Spike Brothers», you may call that card to an open (RC).
    [AUTO](VC): When this unit is boosted by a «Spike Brothers», this unit gets [Power]+3000 until end of that battle.

Seifried was Spike's first trump, that is, until Dudley was drafted. His build is still strong, just Dudley is stronger (in my opinion). If you play Seifried's build, run 3-4.

Jelly Beans (Demon) - 10000 PWR
    ACT【Hand】: [Reveal this card to your opponent, and put it on the bottom of your deck] If you have a «Spike Brothers» vanguard, search your deck for up to one grade 2 or less «Spike Brothers» with "Dudley" in its name, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your deck.

Jelly is alright, but not enough to make me "jelly" X3. His skill is good for searching out a fighter like Dan or Mason, but other than that, not good. Run 1, if any.

Juggernaut Maximum (Giant) - 11000 PWR
    [CONT](VC/RC): If you do not have another Vanguard or rear-guard, this unit gets [Power] -2000.
    [AUTO](RC): [Soul-Blast 1] When this unit attacks, you may pay the cost. If you do, this unit gets [Power] +5000 until end of that battle, and at the beginning of the close step of that battle, return this unit to your deck, and shuffle your deck.

Juggernaut is possibly the best G3 Rearguard in the game! 16k with his skill, and that's without boosts. He can make XRides have to block for 15k to be safe with a 7-8k behind this guy. Run 3-4. No questions asked.

Sky Diver (Workeroid) - 11000 PWR
    Continuous【V/R】: If you do not have another《Spike Brothers》 Vanguard or Rear Guard, this Unit loses -2000 Power.
    Auto【R】: [Put this Unit into your soul] When this Unit's attack hits, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose up to 1 《Spike Brothers》 from your Hand and Call it to a Rear Guard Circle.

Sky Diver is Juggernaut's only competition for the "Best Rearguard" spot. if he hits ANYTHING, he can got to the soul (For our Juggernaut/Reckless/Highspeed skills) and give us a new unit, especially Juggernaut. Run 2-3 if possible.

Unite Attacker (Ogre) - 10000 PWR
    [AUTO](VC): At the beginning of your main phase, Soul Charge(1), and this unit gets [Power]+2000 until end of turn.
    [AUTO](VC/RC):[Soul Blast(Cool & Counterblast(5)] When this unit's attack hits, you may pay the cost. If you do, look at up to 5 cards from the top of your deck, choose any number of 《Spike Brothers》 from among them, call the chosen cards to separate (RC), and shuffle your deck.

Unite is our Megablast. I don't like him just because of his cost, but he does have a killer skill. Run 3-4, but only in a deck around him.

Now for our new boys:

Dudley Phantom - Grade One. 6000 PWR.
    [AUTO](RC):When this unit boosts a «Spike Brothers», the boosted unit gets [Power]+4000 until end of that battle, and at the beginning of the close step of that battle, put this unit on the bottom of your deck

Phantom is our new 10k booster who has a very cool skill that goes well against Kagero and Narukami. Boost the go away for safety, Run 2.

Dudley Mason - Grade Two. 9000 PWR
    [AUTO](VC/RC):[Counter Blast (1) & Choose one «Spike Brother» from your hand, and put it into your soul] When this unit's attack hits a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, search your deck for up to one «Spike Brothers», call it to a open (RC), and shuffle your deck.

Mason is a new Dudley, like Phantom, but he's a strong unit with a strong skill. Run 1-2.

Grateful Catapult - Grade Three. 11000 PWR.
    [AUTO] Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):[Counter Blast (2) & Choose a card named "Grateful Catapult" from your hand, and discard it] When this unit attacks a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, search your deck for up to two «Spike Brothers», call them to separate open (RC), and shuffle your deck.
    [CONT](VC/RC): Lord (If you have a unit that doesn't belong to the same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)

Where Dudley is our Offensive Captain, Graceful is our Defensive Captain. 11k base to Dudley's 10. and instead of the sending 2 Spikes from hand to Soul, he's a Persona Blaster. You can't mix Dudley and him that well, though, so we have to pick. If you run Catapult, Run 4.

Bad-End Dragger - Grade Three. 10000 PWR. [AUTO] Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):When a «Spike Brothers» rides this unit, you may choose one of your vanguards, that unit gets [Power]+10000, and gets "[AUTO](VC):When one of your «Spike Brothers» rear-guards attacks, that unit gets [Power]+10000 until end of that battle, and at the beginning of the close step of that battle, return that unit to your deck, and shuffle your deck." until end of turn.
    [AUTO](VC):When this unit is boosted by a «Spike Brothers», this unit gets [Power]+2000 until end of that battle.
    [CONT](VC/RC): Lord (If you have a unit that doesn't belong to the same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)

Bad-End is Spike's Break Rider, a new tactic Bushiroad is bring in the new expansions. I for one LOVE Bad-End. His name is amazing and his skill is even better. Juggernaut with this skill with Wonder and his own skill is 34k, and these are rearguard, maybe even twice. and he can swing up to 20k on his own...did I hear hand destruction? And ride Dudley/Graceful on him, and he murders. Run 2, only because we need room for other Threes.

Well, this concludes my Deck Guide, but I want to keep this open for discussion and for guides on upcoming Spikes! Thanks for reading everyone!!!

_ToothyDeer_

Post by _ToothyDeer_ on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Thanks, This was really usefull Very Happy
    I too cant wait for bad end dragger, It will waste your opponents hand using emperor whilst hitting amazing numbers ;u

Post by Vahanari on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm happy it helped! Nothing like swinging with enough power to make them have to use null guards on rearguards and then letting them go back only to call more with Grateful/Dudley Emperor! :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:18 am